- Merk(en): Meshashringi
- Producent: Himalaya / Himalaya Herbals
- Ziektes: Diabetes / Overweight / Obesity
The key component of Meshashringi (Gymnema/Gymnema sylvestre) leaves is gymnemic acid, which decreases the effect of sucrose when chewed, thus reducing the craving for sweet foods. Research shows that Meshashringi has a similar effect internally, by supporting the normal function of the specialized beta cells of the pancreas which secrete insulin and normalize blood sugar levels.
|180 tabletten||€ 28.14||€ 0.16||€ 14.00||Voeg aan winkelwagen toe|
|120 tabletten||€ 23.44||€ 0.20||€ 4.65||Voeg aan winkelwagen toe|
|60 tabletten||€ 14.04||€ 0.23||Voeg aan winkelwagen toe|
What is this herbal medicine?
The key component of MESHASHRINGI (Gymnema/Gymnema sylvestre) leaves is gymnemic acid, which decreases the effect of sucrose when chewed, thus reducing the craving for sweet foods. Research shows that Meshashringi has a similar effect internally, by supporting the normal function of the specialized beta cells of the pancreas which secrete insulin and normalize blood sugar levels. The name Meshashringi means ‘sugar destroyer’ in Hindi, and it has been used in India since the sixth century BC to support normal blood sugar levels in the body. In published research from 2004, scholars at the Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington DC, showed the herb to be supportive of normal body weight and normal blood lipid levels. King's College, London, published study results in 2005 showing that the gymnemic acid in Meshashringi was also supportive of normal insulin levels in the body. The straggler with branches hanging over from the crowns of the tree, is native to the tropical forests of Central and South India.
The major bioactive constituents of Meshashringi are a group of oleanane-type triterpenoid saponins known as gymnemic acids. The individual gymnemic acids include gymnemic acids I-VII, gymnemosides A-F and gymnemasaponins. Other plant constituents include flavones, anthraquinones, hentri-acontane, pentatriacontane, α-and β- chlorophylls, phytin, resins, d-quercitol, tartaric acid, formic acid, butyric acid, lupeol, β-amyrin-related glycosides and stigmasterol. The active constituents combine to render the herb its therapeutic properties.
- Diabetes: The principle constituent of Meshashringi is gymnemic acid, which has antidiabetic properties. It reduces excessive blood sugar. It also has a regenerative effect on pancreatic beta cells and is insulinotropic, which means that it stimulates the production and activity of insulin. Meshashringi helps decrease sugar cravings. It temporarily abolishes the taste for sugar and helps neutralize the excessive sugar present in the body in diabetes mellitus. Meshashringi increases the activity of enzymes responsible for glucose absorption and utilization.
- Weight loss: Obesity is the result of a faulty metabolism, which leads to excess accumulation of fat. Gymnemic acid prevents the binding of carbohydrates to the intestine receptors so that the glucose absorption by the intestines is inhibited and ‘empty calories’ are not stored.
- As an adjuvant in diabetes mellitus
One capsule, twice a day or as directed by your physician
Each capsule contains 250mg extract of Meshashringi
Note: The information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat your problem without consulting your doctor.