- Merk(en): PulmoNext
- Producent: MSN Laboratories
- Ziektes: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Ambrisentan verlaagt de bloeddruk in uw longen, waardoor uw hart het bloed efficiënter kan pompen. Ambrisentan wordt gebruikt voor de behandeling van pulmonale arteriële hypertensie (PAH) bij volwassenen. Het verbetert uw vermogen om te oefenen en voorkomt dat uw conditie erger wordt. Ambrisentan wordt soms gebruikt in combinatie met een geneesmiddel genaamd tadalafil (Adcirca).
Gratis AirMail verzending
|€ 591.78||€ 9.86||€ 28.14||Voeg aan winkelwagen toe|
Gratis AirMail verzending
|€ 309.96||€ 10.33||Voeg aan winkelwagen toe|
Gratis AirMail verzending
|€ 479.05||€ 15.97||Voeg aan winkelwagen toe|
What is ambrisentan?
Ambrisentan lowers blood pressure in your lungs, helping your heart pump blood more efficiently.
Ambrisentan is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in adults. It improves your ability to exercise and prevents your condition from getting worse. Ambrisentan is sometimes used with a medicine called tadalafil (Adcirca).
For women, ambrisentan is available only from a certified pharmacy under a special program. You must be registered in the program and sign agreements to use birth control and undergo pregnancy and blood testing.
Ambrisentan may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Do not use if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. You will need to take a pregnancy test before, during, and after treatment with ambrisentan. Use highly effective birth control while using ambrisentan and for at least 30 days after your last dose.
You should not use ambrisentan if you have idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use ambrisentan if you are allergic to it, or if you have idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
Do not use ambrisentan if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. This medicine can cause serious birth defects. Tell your doctor right away if you miss a menstrual period or think you may have become pregnant.
You will need to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this treatment. You will be re-tested every month during your treatment, and 1 month after your last dose.
Even if you are not planning a pregnancy, you are considered able to become pregnant if:
- you have entered puberty (even if you have not yet started having periods);
- you have never had a hysterectomy or had your ovaries removed; or
- you have not gone through menopause (you have never gone 12 months in a row without a menstrual period).
While taking ambrisentan and for at least 30 days after your last dose, you must use a highly effective form of birth control or two methods together.
Recommended forms of birth control forms include:
- a tubal ligation, or a copper IUD (intrauterine device) or progesterone implant;
- one hormone form (birth control pill, skin patch, implant, vaginal ring, or injection) plus 1 barrier form (condom, diaphragm with spermicide, or cervical cap with spermicide);
- a condom and a female barrier form together (diaphragm with spermicide, or cervical cap with spermicide); or
- a partner's vasectomy plus 1 hormone form or 1 barrier form.
How should I take ambrisentan?
Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose. Use the medicine exactly as directed.
Take the medicine at the same time each day, with or without food.
Swallow the tablet whole and do not crush, chew, or break it.
You will need frequent medical tests.
Store ambrisentan in its original container at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the medicine as soon as you can, but skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take two doses at one time.
What should I avoid while using ambrisentan?
Follow your doctor's instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity.
Ambrisentan side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Ambrisentan may cause serious side effects. Call your doctor at once if you have:
- severe shortness of breath, wheezing, cough with foamy mucus, chest pain;
- swelling, tiredness, rapid weight gain;
- low red blood cells (anemia)--pale skin, unusual tiredness, feeling light-headed or short of breath, cold hands and feet; or
- liver problems--loss of appetite, stomach pain (upper right side), nausea, vomiting, fever, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Common side effects of ambrisentan may include:
- swelling in your hands, legs, ankles, or feet;
- stuffy nose, sinus pain; or
- hot flashes, redness in your face.
What other drugs will affect ambrisentan?
Tell your doctor about all your other medicines, especially:
This list is not complete. Other drugs may affect ambrisentan, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible drug interactions are listed here.