Return to homepage
- Brand(s): Heximar-B
- Manufacturer: Menarinr
- Disease(s): Plaque Psoriasis
Heximar® Ointment is a synthetic vitamin D derivative used for the treatment of plaque psoriasis in adults and children above 6 years of age. It lowers the rate with which skin cells grow, thereby controlling the psoriatic condition. It may be used alone or in a combination with other medicines.
Free AirMail shipping
|$ 194.95||$ 38.99||$ 114.80||Add to cart|
Free AirMail shipping
|$ 163.95||$ 40.99||$ 83.85||Add to cart|
|3 tube||$ 134.95||$ 44.98||$ 50.90||Add to cart|
|2 tube||$ 99.95||$ 49.98||$ 23.95||Add to cart|
|1 tube||$ 61.95||$ 61.95||Add to cart|
What is this product?
Heximar-B® ointment contains 2 complementary active ingredients:
- calcipotriol – is an analogue of the natural active metabolite of vitamin D3 with a wide range of pharmacological activity in the form of ointment for the topical treatment of psoriasis. It inhibits proliferation of keratinocytes, promotes the differentiation of the epidermis and has a significant effect on cytokines and T-cells in the skin;
- ointment affects on all links of pathogenesis of psoriasis and gives a quick effect in the topical treatment of chronic vulgaris plaque psoriasis of any severity;
- good cosmetic properties (odorless, colorless, does not stain clothes and skin);
- FDA – approved product.
ointment for external use 15 g
each gram contains:
- calcipotriol anhydrous IP – 50 mcg;
- on the ointment base – q.s.
- hypersensitivity to calcipotriol and any auxiliary component of the preparation;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- children up to age 18;
- diseases associated with impaired a calcium metabolism;
- psoriasis of the scalp in the acute stage;
- spotted, erythrodermic, exfoliative and pustular psoriasis;
- renal insufficiency or acute liver failure;
- viral lesions of the skin, fungal or bacterial skin infections, parasitic infections;
- cutaneous manifestations of tuberculosis or syphilis;
- rosacea, perioral dermatitis, acne vulgaris, ulcers, sores and genital itching;
- skin atrophy;
- the fragility of the skin vessels.
Be careful in the following cases:
- hypervitaminosis D;
- age over 65 years.
Side effects of the preparation
The most typical: local skin irritation.
Typical: erythema, and itching of the skin.
Atypical: dermatitis (including dermatitis and perioral facial skin in the application of the solution); exacerbation of psoriasis.
Very rare: hyperpigmentation, hypercalciuria, hypercalcemia.
There are reports on the development of photosensitivity and hypersensitivity reactions.
- avoid contact with the scalp, face and mucous membranes of the mouth;
- patients should limit or avoid excessive exposure to natural and artificial sunlight;
- use of the drug in doses higher than recommended may cause an increase in the concentration of calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia). When canceling the drug, concentration of calcium in the blood rapidly normalized;
- can not be used together with the topical preparations containing salicylic acid.
Dosage and how to use:
- before use, consult your physician;
- apply a small amount directly to the damaged area 1-2 times a day (maximum daily dose – should not exceed 15 grams, week – no more than 100 grams);
- treated area should not be more than 30 % of body surface;
- after wash your hands;
- the recommended period of treatment – 4 weeks;
- second course should be agreed with your doctor.
- stored at temperatures up to 30 ° C;
- store in a dry and dark place;
- keep the tube away from children;
- do not freeze.